Friday, March 12, 2010

Last Lecture

A few quick announcements:

Final Solar Cell Lab Report due at 5:00 pm today on the Carmen drop box.

Final Exam Review session is at 7:00 pm on Sunday in 1015 McPherson.

The equations/constants given on the final are posted on Carmen.

If you have an issue with grades please send me an e-mail. I will be spending all day Monday grading the Solar Cell lab final reports and getting all grades in order.

Now on to lecture, today I finished the nuclear chemistry unit by briefly performing a half-life calculation and discussing medicinal uses of nuclear chemistry in cancer treatments.

I then discussed the general chemistry concepts we learned this quarter that are involved in cancer research.

Finally, I shared some details from the life of my mother and her battle with cancer. I more detailed description of how things went down can be found here.

For the first time giving this lecture I wrote down the final message I wanted to give and honestly, it never comes out right because I talk too much before hand and run out of time. But basically, I want each of you to think about what Jimmy V said in his ESPY speech about knowing where you came from, where you are, and where you wanna be. Thank those who allowed you to get where you are today. Work hard right now to get where you wanna be.

I would like nothing more than for everyone in class to be successful, both in their academic/professional and personal lives. It takes hard work to get to that point. My last challenge is to #1 Be sure to thank everyone who allowed you to get where you are today. Tell your parents you love them every chance you get because you never know when your last opportunity will be to do so. #2. Don't let anyone outwork you. #3. Dream big and set your goals high and don't let anyone tell you that you cannot accomplish the things you can set your mind to.

At The Ohio State University they say "Amazing Happens." The reason "amazing" happens is because students and administration work hard to get where they are. They didn't just let things happen they made things happen. I want all of you to make it happen.

I wish everyone in here can accomplish their dreams. By being able to teach each and every one of you, I am living mine.

I wish you nothing but the best in the future. Be sure to study your ass off for the final :)

God Bless, Dr. Fus

P.S. Thank you Evan "The Villian" Turner GO BUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment